Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Golden Mile and Beach

My office is in between 3 Golden Miles... Golden Mile Complex... Golden Mile Tower and Golden Mile Food Centre (opposite) forming the Golden Mile Triangle... I am sure this is a coincidental formation and have no idea if it is auspicious or not.

I am not sure where or why the words 'Golden Mile' orginated from, when the stretch of road in front of us is named Beach Road. I mean we should go with the easy name of Beach Complex, Beach Tower and Beach Food Centre. Wait... Why is the road called Beach Road when there is no Beach around??

I am very sure it is named Golden Mile for a very good reason, the buildings around my office were named as such maybe because it sits on a used gold mine about one mile radius... Maybe one day I will stumble on some gold nuggets... Maybe... Oh the answer is here...

infopedia.nl.sg/articles/SIP_889_2004-12-23.html

No comments: