Saturday, August 20, 2011

Why I don't like to ask a woman out

We all know men are constantly thinking of how to ask a woman out. It is such an agony to think of the perfect way to ask her out and a daunting challenge to make her say “yes”.

Lots of thinking goes into crafting the right message strategy (what – a direct question, give a good excuse, tell a great story etc.), choosing the right media (where - SMS, email, word of mouth or write a letter), and the creative execution (how – write your invitation on an origami).

You might say all you have to do is just ask. Like my friend Ms Mill who always says “You think too much.” What Ms Mill doesn’t understand is, to us men, we want 100% success. No man asks a woman expecting a “no”. We want something that’s why we ask.

The worse is when they give you an answer like, “See first”, “See how” or “See if the world will end tomorrow” answers, so are we supposed to ask again?

Thus after multiple rejection throughout the years, I decided to just asked again even though she already said “no” 2 days ago.

I SMS her, “You really don’t want to eat dinner together today?” She replied “At jpt?”

I finally got an indirect “Yes”. Women just wouldn’t say yes right. At last, the woman who rejects me the most in my lifetime, my mother, has agreed to eat dinner with her own son. It’s her birthday, of course we should go out.

Unlike my mother-in-law who loves to go out, my mother likes to stay at home and watch Korean drama, instead of going out with her son who is more charming than the Korean men. I mean they all have fake organs like their nose, what is more charming than authenticity like me?

As we all know, women like to perform stunt (Stunt is define as a woman performing a remarkable feat that leaves you speechless). And thanks to Samsung Galaxy S2 for having a battery life as short as a public phone, my mother actually change her mind and SMS me that we should eat another day, which I didn’t received.

I called her and told her I am already on my way to the restaurant and didn’t saw that message. Well luckily, my mum still (a) has a conscience, (b) touched by my persistence and sincerity (c) change her mind again or (d) All of the above.

No matter what I still got to eat dinner with my mother and I still don’t like to ask a woman out……

No comments: