Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Good morning neighbour

Neighbour: "Good morning."
Me: "........" (smiles and amused)
Neighbour: "It has been a long time since I say this to you."
Me: "Its 11.35pm and you still tell me good morning?"
Neighbour: "Its before noon, so its still morning."
Me: "........ Good morning."
Neighbour: "(laughs) You take such a long time to say that to me."

She sits beside me in office, separated by a 1m cubicle wall, we will only see each other when either one of us stands up. Recently she looked tired, less happy and not ok. I wonder why....

Last Friday, only a few people were in office and we were working late, I stood up and look and saw her sitting there looking sick,

Me: "Are you ok?"
Neighbour: "........." (laughs)
Me: "Why are you laughing?"
Neighbour: "The way you ask its so funny."
Me: "Funny?"
Neighbour: "Yah I am ok, why?"
Me: "Nothing, I just ask for fun."
Neighbour: "Yah for fun."
Me: "Don't think too much."
Neighbour: "........" (laughs)

"Don't think too much" is something which we often say to each other and I always like to hear her laugh.

Not long ago she told me,

Neighbour: "I have something to tell you but you look busy."
Me: "What?"
Neighbour: "Its ok, its not important."

I left it at there, when I came back to office on the same day,

Me: "What is it that you want to tell me?"
Neighbour: "Oh nothing. Not anymore."
Me: "........." -_-"

I left it at there.....

Half a year ago, when I just join the marketing department and of all the beautiful women in my office, she is the first one that captures my attention. A cute woman who shows me her generousity (share with me her food) and fun in her character. The first words I said to her were "Good morning neighbour."

Yesterday we were both standing up and facing each other over the cubicle wall sharing food (sharing her food) and sharing a conversation. We must look really amusing, seeing 2 persons facing each other eating and talking to each other over the cubicle wall. It has been a long time since I had a conversation with her, not to say the "good mornings."

God bless my neighbour. Thank you.

No comments: