Monday, February 08, 2010

Otherwise

I realised I have not listen to the radio for some time. I found out that I can focus on my school work better without background music. I used to thought otherwise...

I have many books I want to read but there are so many things to read plus my texbooks. Speed reading through something seem like shortchanging yourself. When I was younger, I believe you have to read a book from page 1 to the last in the correct order. As I grew older, I thought otherwise... Now I skip pages and read the parts that I like.

When I had western food in the past, I used to finish all the side dishes like the coleslaw, french fries and baked beans and left the meat till the last to be enjoyed. Now I thought otherwise... Now I enjoy all my food altogether, a bit of meat here, a bite of fries there, a scoop of baked beans and a taste of coleslaw.

When I just started work, I wanted to be successful and to have accomplishments. Along the way, I see people cry, I see people go into depression, I see people argue, I see people doing petty acts, I see people disrespect other people, I see people fight, I see people torture people, I see people gossip, I see myself participating... Now I thought otherwise... These people lead an unhappy life and success comes in many definitions, not the title you have on your namecard, in your email, the money you earned, how much you can do or what you can do. In the end, what people can offer is a "well done".

I am someone who is afraid of dying... Ain't most of us? Now I thought otherwise... If you believe you will go to heaven after your mortal life has passed, isn't dying a better option than living on this crappy earth where there are wars and natural disasters, you have to work to live, you will fall sick, you will feel sad when bad things happen because we all have emotions.

Does it dawn to you that these are all true? Or did you thought otherwise......

No comments: