Monday, July 12, 2010

2012 And The World Cup

I didn't expect burning something into a DVD can take so long... I mean it doesn't take much time to burn down a house, a paper or even a cigarette. Ok maybe it is different. My original plan was to finish burning the DVD (before the computer overheat and set itself on fire)and then quickly sleep to wake up to watch the World Cup.

You see the World Cup happen every 4 years, I will be 32 when the next World Cup happens and 220 when Singapore qualifies for it. So I thought of watching it. There is also this thought that 2012 is coming soon, so what if the world really ends that year? Then this year's World Cup will be the last.

That's exactly why I have been telling people that I will be taking my Sabbatical in 2012 where I will go on a 1 year break, in case the world ends. I mean I don't want to die working. Besides taking a break before the world ends, there are a few things I wanted to do during a 1 year break,

1. Concentrate on my part time studies and finish all the units in 1 shot because I wanted to get all 'As' for no reason.

2. I may have my 1st kid in that year and for the strange reason that my girlfriend prefers our baby to be born in the year of the Dragon.

3. Study about stocks, really sit down and study about stock markets. Remember that I have only a simple dream and that is to strike it rich.

Right now I think smoke is getting into my eyes (or is it because I am sleepy?) and I still have 2 more DVDs to go......

No comments: