Thursday, August 10, 2006

Meeting

I was asked to attend a meeting together with my manager this Tuesday afternoon. I saw some people in the conference room and asked them whether they are here for the meeting. I don't really know where they were from. I chat with them and soon found out what they do. They were from another company.

Suddenly one guy came in, I have seen him in office before but do not know exactly what he does, then everyone in the room stands up. I was like still sitting down. Feeling strange, I stand up too. I was thinking he must be some big shot. Then he told me its ok to sit down. But when I sit down, everyone is still standing up, so I stood up again. Then he told me again its ok to sit down, so I sit down again. This time everyone sits down too. And I still have no idea who he is.

As more and more people came in, I realised I only know my manager and my Head of Marketing. Everyone looks older than me and they all look like some big big shots. Its difficult not to be a big shot when you are at the bottom of the hierachy. The meeting was pretty interesting, learn some things although some parts was pretty technical.

Yesterday, I look through the name cards that I exchange with those guys from the other company before the meeting. I am suppose to meet one of them today for some training. And I just realised that they were all managers and one of them is actually the CEO! I actually went to the toilet with this CEO without realising it, he was very friendly and asked me about my job. That day in the conference room, everyone was like manager and above.

Oh yah, one of the managers there is pretty cute. :) Maybe I will see her today. Hee....

No comments: