Friday, August 18, 2006

Timeline

Yesterday at work, my partner turn to me and told me that I need to give her a timeline of when I am going to launch the website. I look at her and while she was explaining and talking about what are the things we are going to do for the offers, I realised timeline means deadline. I have never known this word "deadline" nor "timeline" cos I have never met any of them before.

In school, I usually pass up my homework late or never do them at all or do them last minute. This time its real, this deadline is different from those that teachers give you. At least if you dont pass up your homework, you just get scolded by your teacher or they forgot about it. In the real world, deadline means you have to deliver by the stipulated time. You tell everyone about what you are going to do and when its going to start operating and you have to deliver because you have promised.

By the way my partner is a nice lady but tempermental, I must deliver if not she will throw the flyers and brochures on her table at me and maybe even the rewards catalogue.

Now I need 3 things : God, resourcefulness and luck.

No comments: