Monday, August 16, 2010

Blessed and Maybe...

I have always been blessed in what I wanted to do...

I remember 4 years ago, with only an A Level cert, I went looking for a job, not knowing that I was naive to ask for a marketing job with a not so high qualification. A lady from a recruitment firm even looked pissed when I mention that I wanted to work in marketing. She was quite rude and I hope she is not a receptionist anymore.

At that time, I was praying to God to find me a marketing job. I ended up taking a sales job in a bank selling credit cards. Miraculously I got into marketing after just 1 month with the same bank doing credit cards marketing. It was a great job and one of my happiest times. I learned a lot, met some good people and it was glamourous. There are many perks like free concert tickets, free mooncakes, free treats and lots of pretty office ladies. I worked late often but was happy as I was passionate about the work.

Later I got into another bank doing credit cards dining programme. I met lots of restaurant owners in the course of work. Eating and drinking was part of the job while negotiating for deals. It was a good experience but at that time I wanted something more fulfilling other than meeting quotas and I always wanted to try advertising.

I prayed to God again to allow me to get into the best media agency in the country. In the end I did get an interview but later there was a hiring freeze for that agency. At that time, I thought my dream of getting into advertising was over, my dream of getting into a media agency was gone forever and I can only imagine what it was like to work in one.

A year and a half later, miraculously I got into the best media agency in the country. God has answered all my prayers on what I wanted to do. That is why I have always encourage people to follow their dreams and to do what they like. Because I believe if you do what you like, money will definitely come later.

However after all these years I suddenly felt a sense of emptiness... Not that my pockets are empty... I have enough to eat and I have the opportunity to do things that I like... But I felt empty... Something seem to be missing but I don't know what...

Maybe I am just tired... Maybe I am wrong about some things... Maybe I have forgotten about God......

5 comments:

Ju Ann said...

maybe its time for...... *drum rolls* MARRIAGE ah tat!!

Pineapple Tat said...

Haha... Yup... I am getting married next year... :)

Anonymous said...

Top website, I had not noticed pineappletat.blogspot.com previously during my searches!
Carry on the excellent work!

meishan said...

Go back to God.. and you'll be bless with lasting fulfillment. Sometimes it's good to talk to your other half about it to help you and pray for you. :)

Anonymous said...

There can be no rainbow without a cloud and storm.