Sunday, October 07, 2007

How to write a girl's blog

I once ask a guy friend to read another guy's blog. I told him it's pretty interesting. Guess what he told me,

Ignorant Guy: "I usually don't read a guy's blog, I read a girl's blog because I think its more interesting."

I was speechless... Of course I won't debate with him on the stereotyping of a sexes' blog on whether it's interesting or not. However I do realise that a girl's blog usually has the following characteristics,

1. Lots of photos - They love to post lots of photo, photos of food, photos of where they go, photos of what they buy, photos of me etc.....

2. Lots of entry - They have lots and lots and LOTS of entries, they can write almost everyday about nothing. Even if nothing special happens. They just write, no matter how short or how uneventful the day is. (except when they are busy with work)

3. They bitch and talk about everythings - You can really see the emotions, the complaints, the dramas and sometimes the vulgar languauge all come out! They talk about the weather, they talk about their friends, they talk about what they do at home, thay talk about what they do outside, they talk about shopping, they talk about and I am tired of writing... (in short they talk mostly about experiences and human relationships)

4. They like to post lyrics, poems and those psychoanalytic tests - You can see they like to share with you things that really touch their hearts and emotions. Sometimes it contradicts them and they feel confuse.

5. Lots of mystery - They sometimes write about certain things, after reading it, you still don't know what is going on.


I suspect my guy friend prefers to read a girl's blog because he think its more drama or he thinks that by reading a girl's blog, he can understand a girl better.

A guy once told me to post more photos - I would love to but should I post photos of myself showing a 'victory sign'? Post photos of the food I eat? Or post photos of myself in my new dress, sorry I mean clothes.

I am considering writing everyday instead of a bi-weekly special in my blog no matter how trivial or little I have to write. I would like to experience how it feels to write everyday even if it's about nothing. I guess the trick is to write everything about myself instead of commentating on things and topics.

Writing about all these, suddenly I have a thought. Will reading about a girl's life on her blog, actually makes you understand her more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!