Thursday, October 25, 2007

Strange Encounters

"You got a very lucky face."

A towering Singh with a yellow turban said to me when I was waiting to cross the road at Tanjong Pagar. On his yellow turban is an emblem which I did not see clearly.

"Sorry huh..." I said and looking puzzled.
"You got a very lucky face." The Singh said again.
"December will be very lucky to you and 3 happy things will happen." Said the Singh
"Oh......" At that moment I was freak out.
"What is your name?" Said the Singh
"Wei Tat." I said. Unsure that I should tell him at all. I wanted bullshit an English name like Peter or Jackson.

Then he took out a yellow namecard that is laminated. On top it wrote "God loves you" and his name "Raja". There were other words but I was too freak out to read. He said something which I can't remember and I told him that I am in a rush and return him the namecard and he just said "ok". To my surprise he is not persistent. I just cross the road and walk away from him.

The second encounter was with a woman while I was sitting in the train going home. She was sitting beside me and she suddenly spoke to me.

Woman: "You have a nice bag, where did you buy it?"
Pineapple Tat: "I bought it from Metro."
Woman: "What brand is this?"
Pineapple Tat: "FX Creation."
Woman: "How much is it?"
Pineapple Tat: "I can't really remember..."

Then she start having a conversation with me about her son's bag being too heavy and she wants to buy a lighter one. Suddenly she start molesting my bag by poking it, feeling the material and pinching to feel its softness. My bag was humiliated just like that.

In a third encounter, I was in the train going home with Ms K and Ms Piggy. After they alighted, 2 men nearby suddenly start talking to me. They say I look very familiar. They have seen me somewhere before. However both of them came from Malaysia, and I can't recall seeing both of them before. Upon realising that we don't know each other. They still kept talking to me, what is most suspicious about them is that they kept asking about my occupation and my life. They seem really interested in me and one guy even shake hand with me and introduce himself. In an instance reaction, when the train reach Lakeside, I got down, one stop before Boon Lay where I alight to go home. I just told them I am alighting and then left. In the end I walked and took a bus home.

When I was selling credit cards part time, sometimes I would try to look grumpy and lean on the underpass wall of a credit card hub at Orchard MRT. However and strangely people will still ask me for directions. I mean I try to look grumpy so that nobody will ask me anything, can't these people read body language?!

You know what I conclude from these incidents - That I have a handsome face. Even the Singh thinks so. He said "You have a very lucky face." Just tell me, "You have a very handsome face." I will understand it just as well. No wonder strangers keep talking to me...

No comments: