Friday, June 16, 2006

Close Shave

3 days ago, I was nearly killed by the MRT train doors. I was taking the same train as Ms Kitty at Orchard MRT station. When the train came, everyone rush in and we were the last ones to get up the train. The train was filled to the brim. As I put one foot onto the train, Ms Kitty stop just right in front of the train doors. And then there was a few seconds silence.....

Ms Kitty: "......."
Me: "What are you doing?" (puzzled at why she stopped in front of the doors)
Ms Kitty: "There are so many people." (hesitating not knowing what to do)

I realised that I only had one foot on the train and another foot just outside the train and I am like in between the doors. I was like "just squeeze lah" attitude and there she was standing and wondering what to do. -_-" So to save my life, I grab her by her back and pushed her into the train. Then I jump into the train after her but thats not good enough. Despite I had both feet in the train, I am still in between the doors. Thats how full the train is. I was like "die lah, got to do something quickly".

It seems like I was waiting for the announcement from the friendly train operator to say 'door closing' to tell me this time I am dead by being crushed by the train doors. Not a great way or glorious way to die. Imagine the newspaper reporting "Man got killed by standing in between train doors". How stupid can that be. Miraculously, the crowd start squeezing in to make space for me, I guess they finally realise that I was in great danger.

Then I heard ' door closing' from that robotic emotionless train announcement. When the door closed, it was like 1mm behind me. Then I told Ms Kitty that she nearly got me killed by the train doors and guess what she do, she just laughed. -_-"

No comments: