Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Super Striker Tat

Today I finally get to play soccer after being busy for a few weeks. Mr Buddy would usually organise a game at a basketball court and a green dustbin is use as a goal post together with the single pole of the basketball pole to make a goal mouth.

I have already scored hat-tricks (3 goals) for 4 consecutive games at that place. I am beginning to think that I am Thiery Henry. Tonight I did it again. I scored my fifth hat trick. Everytime before the match, I would tell Mr Buddy I would score a hat trick. Everytime after the match, without fail, I would ask Mr Buddy,

Me: "Eh.... Can I bring the ball home?"
Mr Buddy: "Why lei?"
Me: "Because I scored a hat trick again."
Mr Buddy: "......." -_-"

And without fail, he would always refuse me. Its soccer tradition that the player who scored a hat trick to bring the match ball home. I could already have 5 balls at home.

To cap off my fifth hat trick for my successful career at the Jurong Basketball Stadium. I scored an outrageous goal. It has flair, courage, luck all combined into that one goal. My most memorable one. Here is what happened, commentary by Pineapple Tat....

The defender pumps a long ball up......
Striker Tat chases for the ball....
The opposition defender which is a few paces in front seems more likely to get there first....
The ball took a bounce and it seems like its going out for a goal kick.....
Opposition defender stops to let it go out for a goal kick....
Whats that?! Striker Tat makes a desperate lunge forward.....
Can he get to it??!! Seems impossible.....
Striker Tat left shoe flew out while he makes a super diving header.....
And ITS A GOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!! Striker Tat SCORES with his nose......
Lets see the replay again.....
Oh whats that? While Striker Tat left shoe flew out, the opposition defender actually went to pick it up....
He actually neglected his defensive duties to pick up Striker Tat left shoe......
Was the left shoe a new soccer move?? A new move to fake defenders??........
The opposition players are screwing their defender for making that crucial mistake.....
Striker Tat was delirious and threw his left shoe in the air celebrating......
What a wonderful goal!!!!!.....

Post match interview by Pineapple Tat to Striker Tat,

Pineapple: "What was that wonderful and outrageous move we saw just now?"
Striker Tat: "It was a new move I just invented myself, I called it The "Tat Feint"."
Pineapple: "What exactly is the "Tat Feint"?"
Striker Tat: "It s a fake where when you execute a fantastic move like the bicycle kick, scissor kick or even a diving header, you delibrately let a shoe flew out, fooling the defender into thinking that its the ball, so he would go defend it or clear it. Giving you uninteruppted time to execute a super move."
Pineapple: "I see that is really a magnificent move, out of the world. How long did you take to master it?"
Striker Tat: "I just mastered it."
Pineapple: "Brilliant! Thank you for the interview."
Striker Tat: " My pleasure."

I can smell my sixth hat trick already.......

No comments: