Friday, June 30, 2006

Marriage is Nothing

I met a friend who told me that she wants to divorce her husband. She did not show a hint of sadness and said it like a matter of fact. Her reason being that she is bored with her marriage. The best thing is that she already had a daughter from her present marriage. Seriously her attitude makes me afraid of getting married. What if I am like her and I got bored about marriage, what will I do??

She told me she had another friend who registered with her boyfriend at the ROM and decide to divorce after a few months. According to the law, they are considered married so they need to sign separation papers and be separated for 3 years before they are allowed to marry again. Her friend who wasted 3 years is 30 plus now. Wasted her youth and her partner's time.

Divorce aside, she had another friend who is 30 plus and she wants to have children. The most incredible thing is that she DOESN'T want to get marry. My friend told her that anyone would be willing to do that. Its like getting a free ride and not paying for it. Her friend agrees but its like kind of weird to ask people for it. My friend actually offer me this great opportunity to spread my superior genes. But I rejected it because one, I am not cheap, two, I don't want a few years from now when I walk on the street, I would see a little kid who resembles Little Pineapple Tat and my girlfriend would wonder why, or my son suddenly realised he had another brother. You know there are a lot of implications although the offer is tempting. Oh yah my friend claim that her friend is pretty.

On second thoughts, I think I will consider the offer......

No comments: