Monday, October 02, 2006

Credit Card, Dream Girl and Lily

Me: "Do you accept NETS?
Indian Waiter: "Erm... what is NETS??" (looking stumped with an Indian accent)
Me: "You know NETS??" (givng him a look of hint and as if repeating the word NETS would enlighten him)
Indian Waiter: "........." (an even stumpier look)

Ms Lily looking at the Indian waiter, thought that he might not be able to comprehend what is NETS until the end of the world, then took her OCBC Titanium Card (the power to take control) and save him. Curiously he knows what is a credit card but not NETS!? I mean who doesn't use NETS??

This time a waitress came back with our bill. I can see the waitress is a smart girl because she puts the bill in front of me expecting me to sign. I will be very rich in the future but not now, at least not in the restaurant at that moment. She spot the potential in me.

Me: "The card is hers." (refering to Ms Lily)
Ms Lily: "Does his name sounds like Ms Lily." (gigiling)
Filipino Waitress: "Usually its the young guy who pays." (talking with an Filipino accent and smiling)
Me: "She is paying for me." (looking proud about it)
Me: "I am a lucky man." :)
Ms Lily laughing......

We then went to NATAS because my manager was there, so we went to visit his booth and she wanted to see some travel brochures. Then I spotted my dream girl..... the Titanium girl..... the cover girl on the Rewards Catalogue..... the girl that I always see on my desk in the morning. She was wearing a red rimmed spec, haiz... very auntie. She ask me to buy some milk from her but I rejected her... Sorry I won't buy them just because you are my dream girl... (strong will power)

Later we went Orchard for shopping and I got myself a pair of Geox shoes. With their shoe technology, they promise that by wearing them, your feet will feel cool because of all those holes under the sole. If you are thinking about water seeping in, its not possible because of osmosis. Sounds good to me so I bought them at a not so low price. So it better work, if not I will burn down the shop.

Oh yah by the way Ms Lily make me help her take 2 bags of Nescafe, some travel brochures and an ugly bag to walk around Orchard. I have no choice because she buys me lunch, treats me in office, promise to buy me a cup and give me sweets. People I would love to write more but Ms Lily will be reading this and then she would start throwing ...... erm..... mooncakes at me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Throwing mooncakes at you?? Isn't that a good thing... Not only can you practice on your catching skill (which still needs improvement by the way) and you get free food!! Let her throw it man!!!