Saturday, October 21, 2006

Waiting for you

We were eating lunch together, then she told me she would wait for that guy until next year June. I look on nonchalantly eating my food. I was actually surprised that she told me this. She actually wanted to wait forever, even if nothing comes out of it.

Her best friend told her it was foolish to do so, what if she waited for 10 years and he got married or someone better came along, is she going to give it up? She would be foolish to waste her time and life. She looked at me, and asked what I think. I looked away and answered, that she should wait as long as she like.....

I lied.... I don't believe in waiting for someone because if something is not going to work out, it won't and waiting doesn't help. I told her that the person she is waiting for is her husband, so its worth waiting. Not long ago, she told me she was getting a divorce and she is enjoying singlehood. We would always talk about the merits of being single, like how we were not obliged to go to our partner's house even though we would love to stay at home and no need to report about what we are doing.

I told her I am also waiting for something....Waiting for my guilt to be overcome. I am waiting for my ex-girlfriend to find a boyfriend first before I move on. She told me I was foolish to do that but hey, who wanted to actually wait for someone forever??

Anyway the trend for me seem to be that after a relationship, I would take at least a year to bounce back. I thought about her next June deadline for waiting. That seem like a long time. As to why I lied about my opinion, it was for a selfish reason....

No comments: