Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pieces

As I lie on my hospital bed, looking up at the ceiling fan spinning, memories flash past my mind. I saw her petite figure standing and leaning against the glass panel on the train. I thought to myself, what if I had not pretend not to hear what she said that day on the train, would things be different? She said those words,

Her: "I would be sad if I didn't see you tomorrow."
Me: "Huh? What did you say? I didn't heard what you say..."
Her: "Nothing." (shaking her head and then looking sideways)

I came back to reality, then my vision blurred and another image appeared, I was at the traffic lights waiting to cross the road and it was an afternoon. I made a call to a girl,

Me: "Hello."
Her: "Hello." (a sleepy voice)
Me: "You just woke up?"
Her: "Yah... Slept quite late last night because I was at a chalet."
Me: "Orh... Erm... Sorry about that night that I got drunk."
Her: "Its ok..."
Me: "What happened? Because I can't remember."
Her: "I don't want to talk about it."

If I had not pretend to forget about what happened that night. Would things be different?

Slowly everything changes and I was at an underpass. A girl was wearing purple clothes, she took off her sandals because she has injured her foot and walk barefooted beside me giggling and I was laughing.

Me: "Wah lau eh.... Its embarassing lei to do that in public."
Her: "Hehe.... Never mind lah."

Would things be different if she doesn't have a boyfriend?

Then I found myself at a cafe and a fair girl in white top sat opposite of me. She was eating vegetable spaghetti and she told me,

Her: "Take some more lah." (smiling)
Me: "Orh... Ok." (obliging and eating the spaghetti)
Her: "Hahahaha." (suddenly laughing)
Me: "What is so funny?" (very puzzled)
Her: "Nothing." (shaking her head like a little girl and still laughing)
Me: "Huh?"

As we walk back from lunch, we were both laughing very hard at something until my stomach hurts. It was happy and fun. Would things be different if she wasn't married before?

I was lying on my right side on the bed and I was woken up by a soft kiss to my lips. I slowly open my eyes and saw a girl wearing black and hair tied back, standing up from a kneeing position beside my bed. It was a familiar figure,

Me: "Are you going to work?" (sleepy voice)
Her: "Yah... You continue to sleep some more lah." (her beautiful face smiling)
Me: "I want another kiss." (smiling)

Would things be different if we were still together?

Mr Wall, my campmate, confidante and friend's image then appeared in front of me. He said,

Mr Wall: "Do you want to be lying on the hospital bed when you are old and think what could have happened? People think they have a lot of time but before you know you are already old and fragile."

I looked at the computer screen and thought about what he said yesterday.......

No comments: