Monday, October 09, 2006

Looking Forward to Something Everyday

Have you ever had the feeling of looking forward to something? A big football game, meeting with old friends or a birthday party are occasional events. What I meant is the everyday thing. What I look forward to everyday is lunch. Not because of food but because I look forward to eating with a girl. I enjoy having lunch with her because everytime we would have funny things to talk about and something hilarious to laugh at. It was fun just being with her and I enjoy her company. Lunch is always happy.

Not too long ago, I remember that I used to look forward to lunch with another girl, we would always engage in bantering. Then when lunch came, we would go to explore various places to have lunch, we once walk from Raffles Place to as far as Tanjong Pagar to have lunch. She was what I looked forward to lunch. I enjoy her company alot. Then she left....

A few years ago, I used to looked forward to PE in school because I will get to see my ex-girlfriend then who at that time is still not my girlfriend. We were from different classes so PE is a great opportunity for me to see her and converse with her. One day, she changed PE class, of course I was disappointed. At that time, I thought maybe thats it, we won't see each other again. But luck has it, that we share common friends, so I would have an excuse to keep in contact with her.

Things are a bit different now. I don't know its my ego or my pride (are they the same?) or I am just lazy. I just find no reason nor strength to keep in contact with people whom I really enjoy their company, after they have left.

Anyway I don't look forward to lunch anymore because she has left too......

No comments: