Sunday, January 06, 2008

Jobs Seekers Job Leavers

I cannot believe when Ms Pooh told me that she has stand her crazy boss for almost 2 years. How someone attain that kind of nirvana in the face of a boss who stalks you incessantly really buffers me. Kudos to Ms Pooh...

Yesterday I met up with my old schoolmates from my A Level days, somehow we lost touch for a period of time and suddenly we are meeting for gatherings. I think as we grew older, we need more friends or rather we don't really make new friends.

Of course when in school you talk about school and now we talk about work. Great to know Mr Nose found a job in a bank which named itself after a woman. He has been looking for a job. Coincidentally, Ms Pooh's boyfriend Mr Pooh got one at the same bank. Mr Sun is also looking for a job in the finance industry, Mr Alien will also soon be looking for one in the middle of the year after graduating. These are the job seekers.

Ms Pooh has left her job without one, Mr Alien's girlfriend Mrs Alien is contemplating to resign due to her boss not fulfilling his promise, Ms K of course has thought of resigning for months since starting work at her new place because of her boss too. These are the job leavers.

As you can see, everyone is thinking of getting a new job or leaving their current one even without finding a new one. And everytime someone says they want to leave, the question is "Is your boss a woman?" I am not saying a woman boss is not good but apparently bad working experiences occur with woman bosses and I had 2. Apparently the criteria for a woman boss to be crazy is that they have to be of certain age, no children and single. For my previous 2 bosses, they are married but their husbands are not with them, so its as good as they are single and of certain age.

You must be thinking that I am stereotyping people, well if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck. Now did I just saw some signs that I am leaving too...


Note: My current boss is ok, however I have just encountered a crazy woman and of course some uncertainty.

No comments: