Saturday, January 19, 2008

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up

I remember when I was kid, I wanted to be a Scientist and invent a time machine. I don't really know what is my reason for doing that, I just think it's cool.

When I was in secondary school, I wanted to be a pilot, a fighter Pilot to be exact. Maybe it's because I watch the movie"Top Gun" and think to myself "that's cool". However I heard you have to have prefect eyesight and have to be good at maths. Well, I have the former but I can't even count to save my life. On top of that, I am afraid of heights and speed. Ok I know, guys should like racing cars right, not me.

As I go into pre-university education, I wanted to be a Policeman. I mean I would love to catch bad guys and really kick their ass. Then I realise and heard from people that being a policeman isn't really about that, depending on what you are doing, it can be boring or political.

After National Service, I wanted to be a investment Banker, so I took a degree in banking and Finance. Realise that it's really boring and I still hate maths! Actually as long as the maths made sense to me, I am fine but I cannot really understand why we are studying C Maths, F Maths and all those that we never will apply in life. Met a career counsellor in school, told him that I wanted to go into the marketing, advertising & media, public relations industry. He told me I should just switch course and do something I like.

Finally I decided to switch to a Professional Diploma in Advertising and Design because I wanted to be a Copywriter. Come out to work and took it part time. Good move because by God's grace I actually got into a marketing department indirectly. Now I can be a Marketer too!

After going through my part time course, met some people from the advertising & media industry, took a module on media planning and found that media planning is so interesting! Now I want to be a Media Planner.

Waiting for the opportunity to happen...

No comments: