Friday, March 17, 2006

Dreaming Miss K

Location: Jurong Institute canteen
Mr Nose: "She is beautiful..."
Me: "You want to know her yet you dont dare."
The year 2001... My friends and I were always looking at girls in our school canteen during our meals. There is this certain Miss K who is tall and beautiful and she exudes a certain air of confidence and class. My friend would always admire her in the canteen and we will always laugh at him. Funnily I didnt really notice her.

The year 2002... Back to school AGAIN. Haha... Repeated my studies. It was during PE class I know Miss K. So we were in the same class. My first close encounter with her was during stretching exercises. We were sitting beside each other on the track with one leg against the fence stretching. It is still vivid in my mind. I dont know why... Probably its because it is the first time we were so close together. And then there were games, everyone in school knows who she is cos she is pretty famous in school. But then I pretended not to know to make fun of her, I told her I thought her name was Alice. That got me her attention. Nice....

I always look forward to PE lessons because I will be able to see her. And then when we were running on the track I will purposely knock into her and say sorry like I dont mean it. She KNOWS I mean it but she was amused.

One day, I asked Miss K out of curiosity what is her chinese name, she doesnt want to tell me. Huh?? Well... It make me more determined to find out. Somehow my classmate Big tiger who knows her well, refuse to tell me. He says he will get it if he told me. Wah... So fierce. It was by chance and with guts that I know her chinese name. During a chinese lecture, she and her friends were sitting in front of my tiger gang. I stood up and wanted to go to the washroom and then an idea struck me. As I walk, I was just directly behind her and then I bend down just beside her, our faces were just beside each other. I wanted to get a closer look at her chinese name on her paper. And then I read her chinese name ALOUD in the lecture theatre. Her immediate reaction was to cover her paper, realising it was too late, she WHOOP me. OUCH! Painful but sweet.... :)

My antics with Miss K was getting kind of high profile. So a certain Mr Shorty was like teasing her, spreading it around school, making it a big deal and saying that I like her. So primary school. -_-" Thanks to Mr Shorty, I got her number because she wanted to clarify whether its true. Hehe. Everything seems predestined. From then on we sms each other quite often.

The funny thing was despite that we sms each other quite often. Miss K would often play with me this game in school, the "Pretend not to know me" game. She would be queuing just in front of me to buy food but she just wont talk to me. One time I won a bet with her and she bought a hershey chocolate bar for me. Sweet....

Somehow or rather both of us settle on the idea of a gift exchange. It was not Christmas or Valentines Day, somehow we both wanted to exchange gifts. I decided to make paper stars and put it in a long bottle to give it to her. On the day of gift exchange, I waited for Miss K at the MRT station, with much anticipation, my heart was pumping fast. Then finally I saw her........
She was with her friend. We looked at each other smiling, with hardly any exchange in words, we exchanged gifts. Perhaps this is what they mean that the eyes speak a thousand words.
Me: "Oh yah... This is for you." (I grab a bottle of stars from my bag.)
Miss K: "This is for you."(Smiling shyly, she pass me a little plastic bag with something small wrapped up inside)
On my way home, I opened up the little wrapper, it was a keychain with my surname on it. A small and inexpensive gift but one that makes me happy.

One day, suddenly she sms me to ask whether I like her her or not. Oh no! How am I suppose to reply? Yes I like her but I was reluctant to answer her. She kept pursuing for an answer and sms back and forth for 3 HOURS! Ah... The wonders of technology. I decided to tell her how I feel about her being the man that I am. But then I drag the question cos I do not want our anniversary to be on my father's Birthday. So I drag until pass midnight and I finally sms her.
Me: So can we officially hold hands?
Miss K: I will tell you tomorrow. Keep you in suspense first.
AH........ At that moment I feel like burying my head in the sand. Is that a no? I dont know. The next day, I didnt go to school cos I will see her in PE lesson. So pai seh.....
Miss K was suppose to tell me her answer. But then she didnt sms me! Oh man.... I feel that I had screwed up, why did I admit in the first place?? Stupid me.

2 days had passed, still no sms. Thats it! I told myself I would sms her and ask for the answer. I am going to risk it. Here goes.
Me: So what is your answer?
Miss K: How come you did not sms that day for an answer?
Me: I thought you were suppose to sms me?
Miss K: I was waiting for you to sms me.
Me: Ok, so what is the answer?
Miss K: The answer is one that you hope for and want to hear.
YES! Haha... Congrats to myself. It was the start of a wonderful relationship. With many beautiful memories, happy days and heartaches.

3 years 3 months later...... Its over.........
And then I woke up and I found out that it was nothing but a beautiful dream........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey ah tat. surprised to see no one leaving coments on ur blogs. nice blog u have. u have an interesting life and u r sooo smooth and slick. awesome