Friday, March 31, 2006

Life is like a box of chocolates

Location: Jurong Entertainment Centre
Date: 30/03/2006
Time: Around 9pm
I looked at the dark grey T-shirt, on it, its written “Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you gonna get.” At the bottom left of the T-shirt is a picture of a bench, below is written “Forrest Gump”.

Me: “Its very obvious.”
Mr Buddy: “What?”
Me: “Its really really obvious.”
Mr Buddy: “What?”
Me: “Its really obvious that you don’t like me.”
Mr Buddy: “Why lei?”
Me: “Because the T-shirt you give me is uglier than the one you gave Mr Fly.” (Then Mr Buddy and Mr Fly both laughed)

Mr Buddy claimed that the T-shirt he gave me is a Hong Kong International Film Festival limited edition T-shirt. He bought the T-shirt for me because he thinks I am a philosophical person. -_-”

Mr Buddy then told us stories about his trip to Hong Kong like how he narrowly escaped being killed 2 TIMES by cars, about the great night life there, the really lousy motel(what do you expect its a MOTEL) and of course most importantly, the beautiful girls from the Oriental Pearl. Mr Fly as usual, talk about his work(boring). Its always great to see them again and to hear our melodious synchronized laughter. I bet the whole Mac could hear us laugh out loud. We couldnt care less. It has always been fun talking to them, even as simple as talking about what to eat can be funny. :)

Looking at them, I suddenly realize that the 3 of us will be 24 years old this year(oh no!). Time really flies like the blink of an eye. The 3 of us are still single and enjoying it. The both of them are working now while I am still studying. Haiz... Sometimes I feel that I am taking the longer route in life. Then there is always this drag that I need to go out to work. How I wish sometimes that I didnt grow up, always be a kid, indulging in the realms of fantasy and fun.

I am not sure whether life is like a box of chocolates or not. But I do know one thing for sure, and that is life is too important to be taken seriously.

No comments: