Tuesday, March 21, 2006

House Fly and Pineapple Tart

Mr Fly: "Ah Tat..... Ah Tat......" (in a slutty voice)
Me: "What?!" (sounding annoyed)
Mr Fly: "Help me buy food pleeease...." (still in a slutty voice)
Me: "Buy it yourself lah."
Mr Fly: "I am very tired lei."
Me: "Then I not tired meh?"
Mr Fly: "Ah Tat...... Pleeeease...." (even in a more slutty voice)
Me: "Ok lah." -_-"
Every Tuesday and Thursday, we would have the Life Run(5km run). After every run, Mr Fly would ask me to help him buy food cos he was too "tired" to go downstairs to buy it himself. My first impression of Mr Fly was that we were sitting in front of the garage when our instructor ask for volunteers. He was the first to put up his hand to volunteer. I was impress by his unselfishness cos most of the people were keen to siam(avoid) sai kang(shit work). Seeing his unselfishness, I volunteered too.

We were later posted to the same department and bunk. He would often preen himself in front of the mirror, like to do various poses and point to the mirror and say he is handsome. Often he would ask me,
Mr Fly: "Ah Tat... Am I handsome?" (still looking in the mirror)
Me: "Erm... Ya." (I was patronising him cos he had ask me like 10000 times)
Mr Fly: "Really?" (looking even more intensively in the mirror)
Me: "Yaaa..." (I got no choice)
In the bunk he would throw his stuff everywhere and stuff his dirty clothes in a unused locker. To be fair to him, all of us are almost the same. Hehheh. In camp, he was pretty generous to his campmates. Offering to pay first for food and treat them. At night, we will pull our beds to the middle of the bunk to be under the ceiling fans, my bed will be pretty close to his, head to head. The lights are already switched off. He then ask,
Mr Fly: "Ah Tat... Ah Tat..."(in a whispering voice)
Me: "Yes?"
Mr Fly: "Are you going to sleep yet?"
Me: "No... Why?"
Mr Fly: "Can you chat with me?"
Me: "Ok."
Then we will talk rubbish until we sleep. At times, there will be 3 of us including my buddy. We will joke and laugh before we sleep. It was fun and I miss those days. By the way, I had a spoiled radio in the bunk, that is Mr Fly. He loves to sing, somehow he never completes the songs or keep repeating the same lyrics. -_-" We often bicker in bunk as simple as how we put our stuff, that I anyhow hang my clothes and he took up so many space with his things. We even had a great debate about when we should brush our teeth. He advocates brushing the teeth only in the morning, while I advocate brushing the teeth only in the night. Of course our campmates think brushing both morning and night is better. But then we were debating whether only morning or night is superior. Haha... And then there were times where he lie on his bed wanting to sleep but lazy to switch off the lights on his side.
Mr Fly: "Ah Tat... Help me switch off the lights on my side."
Me: "Switch it off yourself since you are the one who wants to sleep."
Mr Fly: "Help me please... You are nearer to the swtich."
Me: "Do it yourself."
Mr Fly: "Ah Tat..... Pleeeeeease...." (in a slutty voice again)

We then ORD together cos we were in the same Charlie Company in Tekong. And then I thought I would not work with him again. Then he offer me a job to work together with him doing sales part time. Well... He taught me a lot about sales. He is a pretty good salesman. After work we would go have a drink or eat supper. Sometimes we were not sure whether we have enough money to eat or drink, so we will pool our money together.
Me: "Lets go drink at Coffee Bean."
Mr Fly: "Ok but I didnt bring a lot of money."
Me: "Me too. How much you have?"
Mr Fly: "$7.90. You?"
Me: "$8.70, 80cents more than you. It means we have like $16."
Mr Fly: "Should be enough."
Me: "Ok, lets go."
And then there was a time we ate roti prata, I only had $2 and he has $10, the bill was $12, just nice. After paying we were both broke, he offered me to sleep at his house cos it was quite late and then there might be no more bus service.

Till now he is a good friend and still continues to annoy me.....

No comments: