Monday, March 20, 2006

Team 424

The Original Cast: Mr Ghost, Mr LaSelle, Mr Barbarian, Mr Fly, Mr Buddy and Me. And later came Mr Giant.

These people were strange bedfellows indeed in my army days,
Mr Ghost is a emotional person, chats with his mother on the phone and crazy.
Mr LaSelle is a creative person, straightforward and has a lot of stories about the sex industry.
Mr Barbarian is short and stout, looks like a caveman and is very funny especially when he speaks English.
Mr Fly is a action mama and very drama, loves to entertain his friends.
Mr Buddy is verbally expressive, occasionally philosophical, often like to disturb people.
Mr Giant is big, strong and silent.

We all share a bunk Rm 4-24. The bunk is a rectangular room with 6 beds. On its length are 3 beds on each side. On its breadth are about 10 lockers, 5 on each side. The door is at the corner of the room. There is a long table in the middle of the room with 4 chairs. This set a stage for a movie that lasts for 2 years.

Mr Barbarian was the first to be kick out of the movie. He broke his arm while playing soccer, got downgraded and was transfer to another vocation. Despite changing bunk, he still come to our bunk occasionally to entertain us with his English. And then Mr Giant moved in.

I slept on the length of wall where the door was on my left in the corner. On my left was Mr Giant, he slept nearest to the door. On my right, Mr Ghost. Directly opposite me was Mr Buddy. Diagonally to my left was Mr LaSelle and diagonally right Mr Fly.

Unfortuanately our Rm 4-24 only has 2 ceiling fans, so it was pretty warm when sleeping at night. So how do we solve it? We drag our beds to the middle of the room to be as close as to be under the ceiling fans. So at night our beds looks like they were having a meeting in the middle of the room. Our towels were half folded and hanged on our bed frames, so it looks like curtains that can be drawn open and close. Sometimes at night when we cant sleep, we would draw open our curtains and chat with each other on our beds.

At night, sometimes my bunk mates will give each other sneak attacks. I remember once when Mr Ghost put his face close to me with his eyes wide opened and with my back facing him. Then I turn around and it scared me, I was like WO!!He has big eyes, strong jawline and fair complexion and he looks like a ghost at night. He sometimes talk in his sleep. And then he also once attack Mr Fly by jumping on him and riding on his back. Ewwww.....

Even though Mr Ghost like to scare the shit out of people, he is actually a good magazine supplier. He likes to buy magazines like FHM, Menshealth, 8 Days, U and I Weekly and New Man. He is quite an avid fan of Channel 8. We get to read magazines for FREE. Haha... Besides that he likes to sing to himself in a sharp shrill voice. Sometimes I really want to stuff the magazine into his mouth.

Mr LaSelle is always not in bunk, his bed is often empty until it collects dusts. He is always busy with projects he does for our boss cos he was good at designing posters, brochures and has the knowledge and means to do it. He always has lots of stories to share as he used to travel a lot and knows a lot about the sex industry. Cool...

Mr Fly, what should I say about him. Always entertaining. annoying and full of rubbish. He loves to irritate me, bicker with me and act with me. Everytime I am with him, I feel like I was in a movie, full of drama. When I woke up in the morning, sometimes I realise the movie has started without me knowing. He will do something to irritate me. At night I was not spared, I have to continue to act. I feel like I am acting for 24 hours a day, 5 days a weeks except public holidays.We always have verbal jousting and in good fun, we probably quarrel before but nothing serious.Remember its all acting. Due to the fact that he does not like to entertain our boss, he was usually pick on by him. That explains why when I hang out with him, we get into trouble as simple as talking while walking. Dont ask me why its an offence, cos I dont understand either. I still hang out with him because he is my friend although he gives me bad luck. And so I acted with him for 2 years.

Mr Buddy, my army buddy by default, I didnt choose him, he was assigned to me. Well... He is verbally expressive, has lots of expressions, exclaimations and full of crap. I remember we once nearly fought because he was in 2 minds who to invite for his birthday cos 1 guy dont like the other and will not go if the other went. Its stupid I know to fight over this. And then our friends stopped us. If they had let go, I would have kick his ass. Haha... :) Despite this he has been a helpful and loyal friend and buddy. I am a lucky charm to him cos whenever we are in trouble, we got out of it with no repercussions, unlike our friends. Hehe... So he has to be GRATEFUL to me. We studied in secondary schools that once share the same buildings, our ex-girlfriends stay in blocks next to each other, and we have the same relationship problems. Creepy... We have not seen each other in school before or saw each other when we send our girlfriends home. We share our thoughts and ideas and despite his shortcomings, haha, I could have got a shitty buddy like other people, I could not have ask for a better buddy than him.

Mr Giant moved in later with us. He is a great asset to our bunk. Why? Cos without him, we would not have a pharmacy. Yes a PHARMACY. His locker is our pharmacy. He is pretty health conscious and is into body building. Everytime we need some medical advice we would ask him and he would also have the medcine to give us. Something like an illegal drug dealer. Haha. He slept on the bed next to me on my left and he would be on his bed shaking his legs and be reading some novel. We talk often cos he sleep just beside me. Sometimes I would ask him advice on things cos he is quite logical. He was also my "twang" buddy(slacking buddy). Everytime we want to slack, we will look for each other. :)

The movie has ended.... But the memories will not. Thank you for being good friends in my army days, it could have been more difficult without you guys. Dont cry, just remember to buy me a drink. :)

-END MOVIE-

No comments: