Saturday, April 01, 2006

Love is....

Last night, I met 2 friends on MSN. They were both upset with the same thing and that is love. 1 friend was being 2 time by his girlfriend, I should say ex-girlfriend cos she chose the other guy. The other was upset at the meaning and complexity of love, all he wants is a simple love, someone to love him and someone for him to love forever.

These 2 friends are completely opposite characters of each other. The first one is skilled and experience in the art of love. You would often refer to him as a jerk, a bad boy, someone who goes with his heart and plays the field. The other a typical nice guy, a good man, a responsible person and a person who follows his head but unrefined in the art of love. Yet despite different backgrounds and disposition, they are troubled by the same word "love".

Usually I avoid heavy topics like this. Because I believe that life is too important to be taken seriously. That we should be happy on Earth. But then again we are only humans, mere mortals.

What is love? Hmmm... If we attempt to rationalise it, it will not be call love. I believe many people attitude towards love is too serious. (I can feel people throwing stones at me now) Wait! Wait! Listen to me first. Too many people jump into a relationship without really knowing how the other person is really like(are you one of them?). When you saw someone who you think is your type, are you really sure that she is really what you think? Some believe in love at first sight, some fall in love with someone after going out with her for 2 times or only knowing each other for 2 weeks. Think about it... Are you in love with your imagination or you desperately want to be in love?

I am also guilty of jumping into relationships(in fact all and I am guilty as charged). I am not saying dont jump into a relationship, go ahead and jump(you jump I jump), take a gamble. Go for it, you never know what you might get. But then in the beginning dont take it too seriously. Love should be fun and spontaneous. A light-hearted affair. Love is something that makes you happy when you are down, makes you feel that the world is a better place to live in.

Do you declare your love too early? Say you miss someone when you hardly know her? Then you must have watch too much TV dramas. Dont believe in dramas as the name suggest, thats why its drama. Not all are believable, even if it is true stories, they are rare and not always that dramatic. Are you waiting for someone? Waiting for someone is not like waiting for a bus. The bus will come but the someone may not. Why are you stubornly waiting for that person? Humans always want something that they cannot have, they believe that the harder it is to get the more precious it must be. Its not true.

Most importantly is your attitude towards love. As Mr Buddy always say: "Shun Qi Zi Ran." Let nature takes its course. Take things as they come. Take things easy. When you screwed up, just tell yourself you will do better the next time. Dont dwell on the past. The past is an expensive baggage. Live in the present and look forward to the future. Opportunities (and girls) are everywhere. Trust me I know what I am saying. :)

I would like to clarify that I am not an expert. And if you guys still INSIST on asking me about love, I would have to charge you (on a per question basis). Then again I am only human....

No comments: