Monday, April 03, 2006

The Great Wall of Khatib

I finally saw Mr Wall on MSN today. Its has been 10000 years since I saw him. His appearance is as rare as a meteorite. He is not called Mr Wall for nothing you know, when you talk to him, you feel like you are talking to a wall man, its true,

Me: "How are you Mr Wall?"
Mr Wall: "Ok."
Me: "Is that all you can say?"
Mr Wall: "............" (pause for 5 minutes)
Me: "So?" (still waiting for a response)
Mr Wall: "............." (thinking deeply)
Me: "Never mind." -_-" (bek che- frustrated)

As you can see there isnt much dialogues between us but then we had a strange relationship. He had a unique appearance. Everytime I look at at him, I think of Lord of the Rings. He really looks like an elf cos he has sharp pointy ears, small slit eyes, boylish look, soft flat hair, small lean physique and an overall intelligent appearance.

Do not mistaken Mr Wall as a slow person although he took forever to answer me, you are wrong if you think so. Let me tell you, he has 4 As! from his A Levels, he is a pure Hwa Chong guy. Yeah man... But then sometimes its a liability to him. Why? Because he is expected to perform better than any of us. Heres why,

Me: "Wah lau eh! You cant even roll a cable properly..."
Mr Wall: ".........."
Me: "You got 4 As lei."
Mr Wall: "4 As so what?" (Finally he gives a full sentence)
Me: "You buy your As one right??" (hehe)
Mr Wall: "..........." -_-"

I admit I always bully him. But its for his OWN good not mine. I want him to be strong cos he is too quiet and will be easily bullied. You must stand up for yourself. This is call tough love.

We fought the FATEP (a military proficient test exercise, where war conditions are simulate) together. Mr Wall is shelter op 1 and I am shelter op 2. Ohhhh.... Dont be mistaken that 1 is bigger than 2. Its a misconception. Common sense tells us 2 is bigger than 1. Besides I have more experience than him( I fought 2 FATEP you know). Its a liability to work with him, haha.... Cos I am the ONE taking care of him. I remember once we were suppose to set up the sentry point with 3 sand bags, I told him to take 2 and I take 1. Why? Its GOOD training for him.

The most memorable thing about us is during one FATEP training at night, after deployment, we were suppose to do all round defence (spread out 100m away in a circle individually to protect the vehicles). Well we did spread out but not individually, so Mr Wall and I found a nice spot in the wilderness and we sat among the tall grass. We talked about life (he actually talk!), our hopes and dreams and fears. While we talked, we looked up into the dark clear sky where all the stars were smiling back at us. We could hear the crickets in the background and feel the cool night breeze blowing against our face. So romantic right.... Haha.... (I am not gay I repeat)

Those were the days, tomorrow I am going to see Mr Wall again. And you know what? I am going to give him some tough love.....

No comments: